Do you hear that? No? Good. Because you shouldn’t. Electric motors don’t make noise like internal combustion engines. They just perform like them. They don’t use traditional transmissions with numerous gears and ratios, either. It’s just stop or go. And in the Nissan LEAF®, go means go.
From the moment you hear its signature power-up chime, you’re in for a blast behind the wheel of the Nissan LEAF®. A heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel will keep your hands warm on chilly mornings. Ultra modern gauges and an easy-to-read Display Drive Computer puts information like range, battery charge level, and power usage info front and center. Fun that’s efficient. Practical that’s cool. The best of all worlds, all in one car.
The Nissan LEAF® is all about efficiency, but that doesn't mean this 5-door, 5-passenger hatchback skimps on interior finish or size. It comes with heated, folding rear seats made partly from recycled bottles, [*] tons of storage, a USB port, [*] climate control, and more. It’s everything you’d expect in a premium car, even if it weren’t electric.
Park. Reverse. Drive. All the normal settings are there. But why settle for normal? Shift the advanced drive selector into B-Mode to increase the regenerative braking force, and brake response.
ROOM TO SPARE
You free up an awful lot of room when you take out things like transmissions, oil filters, and radiators. With the 60/40 split rear seats up, you can fit in three child seats, and still have space for your golf bag in back. Fold them flat, and you’ll have a generous 30 cubic feet [*] of versatility—including a handy cargo well that lets you keep valuables out of sight.
Nissan Navigation System
The available Nissan Navigation System makes driving your Nissan LEAF® an ultra-efficient and confident experience. [*]
* Never program while driving. GPS mapping may not be detailed in all areas or reflect current road status. Available only on SV and SL.
The Driving Range screen pinpoints your current location using GPS, and creates a simple map that illustrates the range of your Nissan LEAF® in real time. As you travel, the Driving Range adjusts to reflect the changing circumstances of your battery charge, current location and driving conditions. [*]
* Actual distance will vary depending on environmental conditions, driving/charging habits, weather, speed, climate control use, and battery age.
Nearby Charging Stations
The system offers you a map and list of nearby stations, based on your current location. Select one, and the Navigation System will let you know if that station is within your range, and provide directions. [*]
* Public charging stations are third-party owned not within Nissan's control. Availability of charging stations not guaranteed.
Usage and Energy Economy The display screen shows your current battery charge, and tells you how much power your interior climate control and other systems are using. The electric motor meter indicates power use during acceleration or regeneration, as well as during coasting or braking, as energy is converted back into the battery pack. Based on all this information, the Energy Economy page offers efficiency-boosting tips.
Pandora® & SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
When it comes to music, you’ve got options. Stay dialed-in to new bands with the available Pandora® app, [*] or SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, [*] and tailor your drive to your favorite tunes. Now, every outing comes with a soundtrack.
* Pandora® is a registered trademark of Pandora Media, Inc. Not available on the S trim.
* Required SiriusXM Satellite Radio, NavTraffic and NavWeather subscriptions sold separately and are continuous until you call SiriusXM to cancel. Installation costs, one-time activation fee, other fees and taxes will apply. NavTraffic available in select markets. Satellite Radio U.S. service and NavWeather service available only to those 18 or older in the 48 contiguous states and D.C. Fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions governed by Customer Agreement available at siriusxm.com. ©2014 Sirius XM Radio Inc. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
Hands-Free Text Messaging Assistant
Want to reply to a text message? No need to reach for your phone. Available hands-free text messaging assistant [*] keeps you connected through voice recognition technology. Or use the Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System [*] to make a call without diverting your attention.
* Use the text messaging feature after stopping your vehicle in a safe location. If you have to use the feature while driving, exercise extreme caution at all times so full attention may be given to vehicle operation. Compatible smartphone required. Standard text rates and/or data usage may apply. Available only on SV and SL models.
* Availability of specific features is dependent upon the phone’s Bluetooth® support. Please refer to your phone owner’s manual for details. Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Nissan is under license.